Translate this page

Monday, December 5, 2011

Do What You Love


Hello and Welcome to my Do What You Love blog,

I am very grateful and fortunate to be doing what I love as a job. I am a yacht captain sailing world wide. As I sail around the world, It has become a personal mission to encourage youngsters to set goals, and to do what is necessary to make a dream a reality.

My own story is one of having an interest and passion for sailing early in life. However, instead of recognizing the fact that I could turn this passion into a rewarding career, I took many divergent paths, that provided an income, but were never personally satisfying. Once I recognized the true direction in which I wished my life to go and that I could actually do what I love as a career, I had to become proactive: overcoming obstacles, committing myself to working diligently to learn the necessary skills for the job, and actively seeking opportunites.

I hope my story will encourage youngsters to begin to know themselves - their strengths and interests. I believe this self-knowledge can then lead to charting a course to reach a goal. It is never too early to begin listening and learning. In this age of the Internet, a click of the mouse can bring vital information about any career in which a young person is interested.

Below is a list of my friends that are "Doing What They Love", by reading thier bio's you will hopefully learn more how they have accomplished what they have.

To learn more I can be contacted at tforderer@msn.com and you can see travel photo blog at http://www.timforderer.com

No comments: